10 November: Osaka Castle 大阪城

Took the train to Osaka-jo station. It was soooooo..... quiet... so unlike other stations despite the fact it was past 9.30 am!

Basically, it's a huge park... with the castle standing at a certain height, which could be easily spotted from far. Yes, there's a moot... and yes... there's a stone bridge... typical of any Japanese castle? I wonder. It's white with black top. Yes, I see the 'fishes' too! (ok, the golden ornaments). It's 8 storey high with a lift that went all the way to the 6th storey. Basically, it's a museum now! Can't find the 'smell or taste' of the old palace. It's as good as a newly erected building. No wonder it's not a world heritage site (probably because of all the work done).

In this museum, it's where the history of Japan unfolded... through the multimedia presentation. The life of Hideyoshi Toyotomi. It's complex! Yes, he seemed to be another great ruler, who united Japan! That reminded me of Qin Shihuang! but it took place so many years later...



One thing struck me when I finally arrived at the foot of the castle...

I felt like I was standing in front of the Paro Dzong! So majestic!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment